ATV Riders Safety Courses are offered throughout the province. Register or register a child by clicking on the linked button at the top of the page reading "ATV RiderCourse, register here" or go directly to http://registration.atvquad.ca/.
The Canadian AQCC Safety Institute (CASI) - a division of the All-Terrain Quad Council of Canada (AQCC) - has joined forces with the ATV Safety Institute (ASI) and the Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV) to offer the CASI ATV RiderCourse.
The hands-on, half-day CASI ATV RiderCourseSM is conducted by licensed CASI Instructors. The course offers students an opportunity to increase their safety knowledge and to practice basic riding skills in a controlled environment under the direct supervision of a licensed Instructor.
Program highlights include:
- Most current ATV safety program in Canada
- Most hands-on ATV safety program available
- Based on the well-recognized ATV Safety Institute (ASI) program
- Program enhanced with input from Chief Instructors across Canada
- Supported and endorsed by the Canadian Off Highway Vehicle Distributors Council and through the Council - all ATV major manufacturers
Our instructors have been trained to teach the CASI Program. The curriculum is as follows:
1. Introduction to the CASI ATV Rider Course;
2. Using a Range of Signals, Rules and Warm-up Exercises;
3. How to Control/starting the engine;
4. Starting Out, Shifting Gears and Braking;
6. Riding Strategies;
7. Riding Circles & figure eights;
8. Quicker Turns;
9. Sharp Turns;
10. Quick Stop/Swerves;
11. Quick Stop in a Turn;
12. Riding Over Obstacles;
13. Safe &Responsible Riding Practices;
14. U-Turn / Traversing Hills;
15. Circuit or Trail Riding; and
16. Wrap-up & Review.
A signed consent form will be required from the parent or legal guardian and they must also attend the course with the youngster at all times. No child will be allowed to ride without written parental consent and with the parent or legal guardian present.
You are also responsible for bringing your child's ATV, helmet, protective gear and lunch for the course.
The cost of the course is $100. However, the New Brunswick All Terrain Vehicle Federation offers the following discounts:
- 100% rebate for the first 132 children from the ages 6 to 15
- 50% rebate for the first 132 NBATVF members
- Consequently, the cost for a non-member is $100.
There is a cost of $35 for the use of a Federation’s machine during the course.
For more information concerning the ATV Riders Course, please contact us at 1-888-847-1100 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org