The cost of the course is $100. However, the New Brunswick All Terrain Vehicle Federation offers the following discounts:
- 80% rebate for children from the ages 6 to 15 with parents who are members
- 30% rebate for children from the ages 6 to 15 with non-member parents
- 50% rebate for NBATVF members
There is a cost of $35 for the use of a Federation’s machine during the course. Please note that we only have models available for children.
ATV Rider Safety Courses are offered throughout the province. Register yourself or a child by clicking on the link at the top of the page "ATV RiderCourse, register here" or by going on the web site: http://registration.atvquad.ca/.
The Canadian AQCC Safety Institute (CASI) - a division of the All-Terrain Quad Council of Canada (AQCC) - has joined forces with the ATV Safety Institute (ASI) and the Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV) to offer the CASI ATV RiderCourse.
The hands-on, half-day CASI ATV RiderCourseSM is conducted by licensed CASI Instructors. The course offers students an opportunity to increase their safety knowledge and to practice basic riding skills in a controlled environment under the direct supervision of a licensed Instructor.
Program highlights include:
- Most current ATV safety program in Canada
- Most hands-on ATV safety program available
- Based on the well-recognized ATV Safety Institute (ASI) program
- Program enhanced with input from Chief Instructors across Canada
- Supported and endorsed by the Canadian Off Highway Vehicle Distributors Council and through the Council - all ATV major manufacturers
Our instructors have been trained to teach the CASI Program. The curriculum is as follows:
1. Introduction to the CASI ATV Rider Course;
2. Using a Range of Signals, Rules and Warm-up Exercises;
3. How to control/start the engine;
4. Starting out, shifting gears and braking;
6. Riding strategies;
7. Riding circles & figure eights;
8. Quicker turns;
9. Sharp turns;
10. Quick stop/swerves;
11. Quick stop in a turn;
12. Riding over obstacles;
13. Safe and responsible riding practices;
14. U-Turn / driving through hills;
15. Circuit or trail riding;
16. Wrap-up & review.
A signed consent form will be required from the parent or legal guardian and they must also attend the course with the youngster at all times. No child will be allowed to ride without written parental consent and without the parent or legal guardian present during the course.
As parent or tutor YOU will be reponsible for bringing everything the registered child will need for the course, such as a protective helmet, protective gear and clothing, food, water, and ATV (unless you are renting an ATV from the Federation).
For more information regarding the ATV Riders Course, please contact us toll free at 1-888-847-1100 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.